DEMETRA ORGANICS, CA, April 6, 2020.
No yeast needed, easy to make ancient grain low-gluten ZEA bread recipe.
For this recipe, a mixture of hard-ZEA flour and regular flour is used so that the bread becomes less dense. A couple of spoonfuls of honey complement the earthy flavor of the whole grain ZEA flour, and a little olive oil ensures that the finished product remains nice and soft.
PREP TIME: 15 mins
COOK TIME: 45 mins
TOTAL TIME: 60 mins
Serves: 1 loaf
½ bag(255 gr) ZEA Life-Giving hard-flour (earthy)
½ bag(255 gr) ZEA Life-Giving soft-flour (nutty)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon honey
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 2/3 cups fresh buttermilk (see instructions)
1 tablespoon of coriander seeds or raisins or olives… your preference!
1. Fresh buttermilk: Pour 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon in 2 cups of organic milk and let it sit for at least 10mins until the milk curdles and becomes acidic.
2. Preheat the oven to 400°F (204°C).
3. Mix together the flour, salt, baking soda and olive oil in a bowl.
4. Whisk lightly the egg and buttermilk together. Pour the liquid into the flour mixture and bring those to dough.
5. Place the dough in a tin.
6. Bake for 45 minutes.
7. Let the bread cool and then remove it from the baking tin.